Should I outsource my billing and collections?
The healthcare industry is constantly changing at an unparalleled rate.Aggressive audits, third party pricing vendors, changing criteria, coding and compliance requirements and more can often be too much for facility and its staff to stay ahead of. With the decline in reimbursement rates, the addition of more stringent documentation requirements and changes to billing best practices, 2018 is already shaping up to have tremendous impact on reimbursement for mental health and substance abuse treatment
When deciding if outsourcing is right for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you being reimbursed to the fullest extent for the services you provide?
- Are you being paid in a consistent and timely manner?
- Are your staff trained experts in Utilization Management, Billing,Collections and Operations specifically for the mental health and substance abuse industry?
- Are you confident your current billing staff/ company is submitting clear claims quickly and accurately?
- Do your documentation, billing, coding, collections and operations policies and procedures hold up to the current PAYER standards and regulations?
- Do you worry about employee oversight and the negative impact your staff may have on your revenue cycle?
- Are you sure your billing is being coded and processed on the correct fee schedules and no services are being ignored and/or under-coded?
- Does your current Utilization Management staff dissect annual payer requirements and standards, helping you have a better understanding of how to capture every available day?
- Would your time be utilized more efficiently helping your clients and planning the growth of your facility?
- Are you currently in audit or is your reimbursement being delayed by one or more payer?
If you answered YES to more than 2 of these questions, now may be the time to call us at 1-888-405-3118
At PRRS, Inc. it is our mission to provide the behavioral community with
exceptional revenue cycle management services. To accomplish this, we have built
a culture focused on meaningful client partnerships driven by superior services