Ready to Take Your Billing and Collections In-House?
Here are five things you need to know before taking over your revenue cycle.
- Staffing and Training are VITAL to success. – Building a highly skilled team requires a significant investment in time, training, cost and more. Hiring experienced, motivated staff and providing them with the necessary training on every aspect of revenue cycle management should be your primary focus PRIOR to billing your first claim.
- Choosing a software solution can be challenging. – Knowing which software can address your specific revenue cycle management needs is important. Research and testing take time but are necessary if, you want to avoid costly time consuming changes in the future.
- Your current billing vendor may make transitioning to an in-house model seem impossible.- Your current vendor may obscure vital information, revoke access to your billing and payer portals, threaten to report shortfalls to the payers, stop work on your AR, withhold valuable reporting data and threaten legal action if you terminate services.
- Understanding policies and procedure for each payer can seem like an exhausting task.- Private health insurance companies change their policies on billing and medical necessity so frequently it may prove difficult for a new team to keep up. Understanding and assimilating these changes into your own policies and procedures are essential to optimized reimbursement.
- Hiring a Transition Support Team can help mitigate all these challenges. – A strong support team, like PRRS, can provide training and staffing support, software recommendations, protection against unfair retaliation and clear and concise support on payer and internal policy and procedures
PRRS, Inc. is a leader in Revenue Cycle Management Services offering both outsourcing solutions and Support Teams for building and transitioning your revenue cycle to an in- house facility model. Our team of experts will help identify and overcome challenges with the transition or set up process, ensuring your revenue cycle remains intact and healthy.
For more information on how PRRS, Inc. can help you understand the value of your census and succeed, visit us on the web at www.PRRSInc.com or call 1-888-405-3118 x 238.